The purpose of the Greater Shreveport Foundation is to engage in scientific, educational and charitable endeavors within the meaning of Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and in this connection to promote, encourage, carry on, aid and further the economic development and welfare of Shreveport, Louisiana, and its surroundings with respect to industrial location, development and expansion; the development of commerce; education and work force development; and the furthering of the uses of the products of agriculture and of natural resources produced in the area.
The Greater Shreveport Chamber Foundation implements the scientific, educational and charitable objectives of the Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce that positively impact the quality of life through education, economic development, work force development and community enhancement programs and services
The Greater Shreveport Chamber Foundation supports the enhancement of the business environment through the educational, economic development, work force development and community enhancement programs of the Greater Shreveport Chamber.
General contributions made to the Greater Shreveport Chamber Foundation allow the greatest flexibility for program support and will be used to supplement current programs along with the development of new projects. The Foundation is an exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Tax Code, therefore, gifts and general contributions are 100% tax deductible as charitable contributions. Sponsorships are deductible minus the cost for services or products received in exchange (i.e., meals and advertising).
HELP SAVE OUR BUILDING - DONATE TODAY!
100 years ago, the people of Shreveport came together to fund and build the Shreve Memorial Library in the heart of downtown. It took a community-wide effort to create this magnificent structure, designed as an important expression of civic pride and what one local newspaper called a Monument to the Future.
The one-of-a-kind structure, designed by renowned architect, J.P. Annan, is a striking example of Romanesque and Italian revival styles, and one of the few remaining examples of Shrev
Built in 1922 and opened to the public in 1923, the building is now in its centennial year and beleaguered with aging systems much needed interior and exterior repairs.
Click Below to Learn More About How You Can Help