Getting involved in activities is a great way to develop leadership skills and build relationships while serving the greater community. By creating active and engaged leaders, we ensure our region has a bright future.
What involvement means to you and your business
While participation is not a requirement, getting involved can make a positive difference in our community. There are many ways to get involved with the Greater Shreveport Chamber. From professional development to networking events, there’s a place for you to connect with other business leaders and the community.
How you can get involved
- Greater Shreveport Leadership Program – If you’re interested in meeting like-minded people who are wanting to serve our community while working through a targeted curriculum together, and receiving unique access to the movers, shakers, and newsmakers in our region, then this is the program for you. Our Leadership Program can help you develop your Leadership skills and build lasting relationships that will allow you to better serve our community.
- Chamber Diplomats – This devoted group of volunteers support and represent the Greater Shreveport Chamber and improve member retention. Ambassadors assist in membership retention by contacting Chamber members to relay information, ascertain comments, identify concerns, and assist the member to feel welcome and comfortable at Chamber events.
- Young Professional Initiative (YPI) – YPs are business professionals and corporate leaders between the ages of 21 and 40 and are motivated, educated and community-conscious individuals interested in networking, education and professional development opportunities and making a difference in our community.
- Business Development Connection (BDC) – The BDC provides networking and education opportunities across the entire business community while emphasizing the strength of diversity within our multi-cultural community. The BDC hosts key signature events that highlight minority business and provides quality and timely information important to ALL businesses.
- Board of Directors – The Chamber Board of Directors is composed of 26 members who are vested with policy-making responsibilities and share governing oversight for the Greater Shreveport Chamber.
- Connecting – Connect with business people like yourself and deepen your relationships at one of our many networking opportunities.